Monday, January 25, 2010

seagull on yellow

Seagull on Yellow 10x10"


After a 3 day break from painting, I was happy to get back at it today. I always work on more than one painting at a time - I just need a break when working on each painting, unless they are small and relatively quick. Today I worked on 4 different ones ... I did the finishing touches on a dog portrait (a German Shepherd named Montey, now on my Pet Portrait website), did a few steps in a larger textured and glazed painting (more on that in a future post), started and got more than half-way on a tree beach scene, and started and finished this little guy! This was one of those relatively quick ones. I used the Golden Open acrylics for more blendability, so it was still a bit wet when I took this photo - too wet to wipe off my chalk drawing lines, which you can see here. I'll take another photo when it's dry.

3 comments:

Mary Anne Cary said...

I really like the water on this. Also like the bicycle shadow painting, fun composition!

suzanneberry said...

Oooo, I love this!! Beautiful job. Bold and beautiful.

Lisa Riehl said...

Thanks so much, both of you! I had a fun time painting this one...