Saturday, May 8, 2010

Royal Roads Mother's Day Paint-In

I'm going to be at the Royal Roads Mother's Day Paint-In tomorrow, 12-4pm. It will be a gorgeous day, so come out and walk around and see the different artists and artisans. I will be set up with my easel doing some plein air painting, as will many other artists. There is a gorgeous forest walk you can do from the grounds of Royal Roads University to the Coast Collective, which is the arts collective I'm part of. Artists will be set up along that walk. Many of them (including me) will have paintings for sale in a room set up at the Coast Collective, and there is a gallery show and gift shop there too. Well worth the walk!!!!


Painting outside is not really my forte. I've done it a few times with mediocre results. I do realize that it takes a lot of practice to get good at interpreting light/shadows/colours without the help of a camera and printer, and I really do need to give it more attention and time. But I quite like the controlled environment of my studio. Tomorrow I will attempt painting what I see, but just in case I get discouraged, I have a few back-up reference photos printed out that are on my to-paint list!

No comments: