Sunday, May 16, 2010

Eagle painting in progress




Eagle painting in progress - 24x36"

I have had this painting drawn out for ages but haven't had time work on it. I am always eager to work on a new painting, but as I've mentioned before the last few months have been very busy with me having taken on a part time job that was taking up more than part time (now settling into a better schedule). And I had three commissions to work on first, so this one took a bit of a back seat.

But I'm happy to report that most of the progress on this painting has been done this past week, and I'm going to work on it more today. It's not from one of my photos. The actual photographer is someone who my boyfriend is working for (as a painting contractor - yes we are both painters, but in a different way!). I asked his permission to use this photo for a painting - it's such a fantastic shot with the eagle in a great pose and it really spoke to me. Also, as I don't have great camera gear it's not often that I get a chance to paint an eagle that shows such detail! I'm excited to see how this painting progresses...

No comments: