Friday, May 14, 2010

Reuben

Reuben - 16x16", acrylic

Another pet portrait commission finished. I am delivering it today and can't wait to see the reaction to the finished painting. Sadly, Reuben passed away last year and is greatly missed by his human family. What a wonderful way for them to remember him ...

When I get a pet's photo to work from, I sample many different colours for the background and fur, and send these to the owner for them to choose from. Sometimes the choice can be hard to make! When Reuben's owner told me what colours she was thinking of for the painting (reds and pinks) I sampled these but also included others such as blues, purples and greens. She told that the blue and green version really fit his personality best - that's what we went with. I think he looks great with these colours!

See my pet portrait website for the before and after photos... www.lisariehlpetportraits.com

1 comment:

Mary Anne Cary said...

Very sweet, I'm sure they will love it, great painting!