Sunday, March 14, 2010

SPCA Just Desserts


Last night was the big "Just Desserts" fundraiser for the SPCA. There were vendors there who donated beer and wine, and of course the desserts and other nibblies were all donated by local caterers and other companies! Is there such a thing as having too much chocolate? (I have to say yes - I ate waaaaay too much). There was tons of great stuff to bid on in the silent auction, and they also had a live auction for some of the big ticket items. My three little dog and cat paintings in the silent auction each went for more than their listed value. The photo above is of the extra t-shirt fundraiser that they put together, using some of my painting images. It was rather exciting to see my paintings on the T's! It sounds like the SPCA was able to raise quite a bit of money - Yeah for them.

... Now, go out and adopt some dogs and cats!

On a different note, I'm starting a 2 day/week job tomorrow. I'm quite looking forward to it! The only downside is that I won't be able to paint every day now. But I will post as often as I can, as I'm still planning on doing tons of painting.

No comments: