Monday, March 8, 2010

Pet Week - Red Cat, Blue Cat


Red Cat - 10x10", acrylic on canvas SOLD

This week is "Pet Week". I will be posting some of my pet portraits, past and present. Coming up on Saturday March 13th, the Victoria SPCA is holding their annual "Just Desserts" gala fundraiser. It's a fantastic evening of sweets and savory (with lots of chocolate!), beer, wine, coffee and tea, all donated by local Vancouver Island businesses. It's being held in /A Vancouver Island Television studio (formerly A Channel) in downtown Victoria, which is a very cool venue.

I am quite excited about my involvement! I am donating three small paintings to their silent auction (two dogs and one cat), as well as decorating the venue with some of my other dog and cat paintings. If any of these other paintings sell, I will donate 20% the SPCA. As well, there is going to be a shelter buddy raffle, with T-shirts being sold to raise more money. Each of the T-shirts will have one of 4 of my paintings on the front for people to choose from (two dogs, two cats) with the SPCA logo on the sleeve.

"Red Cat" above is the cat painting that will be in the silent auction. "Blue Cat" below is not going to be at this event, as it's destined to be displayed at another of my exhibits coming up...

Good luck to the SPCA for success at this event!

Blue Cat - 8x8", acrylic on board

If you are intersted in the Blue Cat painting, please send me an email at info@lisariehl.com

2 comments:

N Valentine Studio said...

What a wonderful event to be a part of! Way to go Lisa!

Lisa Riehl said...

Thanks Nicole! I'm really looking forward to the fundraiser. Should be fun.