Monday, February 1, 2010

mt. baker

Mt. Baker - 8x8" - SOLD

I jump around a lot! As you can see, this is not a continuation of my last posted painting, but I will be working on that tomorrow. I already mentioned that I like to work on more than one painting at a time, so today I worked on three (2 of them bigger ones), and finished one of them - this one, a nice small guy. I really like using the slower drying acrylics as I love being able to blend more compared to the regular acrylics, especially with these smaller paintings. Maybe I'm really an oil painter at heart? Haven't tried them though (yet). I think I'd be incredibly impatient with the slower drying and no doubt I'd drop it face down on my dirty studio floor. I'm sticking to acrylics, at least for now.
... This is Mt. Baker, which is a prominent feature visible to the southeast, in Washington State. The skiing there is amazing, I used to go there quite a bit when I lived closer to Vancouver. This is from a photo I took standing on the deck of the ferry two weekends ago when I was travelling to Vancouver.

No comments: