Monday, June 14, 2010

Workshop Weekend in Vancouver



Janice's painting, day 1

Blue, Janice's studio dog (he was awesome!)


Janice's painting, day 2

my painting - day 1 (Arbutus Ridge, 16x20") ... SOLD

my painting - day 2 (Peaceful Afternoon 16x20")

I had a great time at the 2 day workshop with Janice Robertson this past weekend in Vancouver! I learned a ton, and now have a new technique with which to paint with. Janice was a great teacher and shared a ton of great information. She demo'd a different painting each day, stopping in between each step so we could work on our own paintings. Most people in the class did the same scene she did, but I had brought my own reference photos that were similar in scene and colour, so I used those instead. I usually do not come back from workshops with paintings I am happy with, but these ones I rather like!


2 comments:

Rick Nilson said...

these paintings are wonderful. lighting is so intense. great job.

suzanneberry said...

Your work is luscious and sensual! I love your brushwork and am very envious of your workshop adventure. What an amazing spot to work in. Beautifully done.