Monday, September 27, 2010

Revisiting a Dream

Revisiting a Dream - 16x20", acrylic ...

I started this painting last week as part of a painting demonstration for an art group called Studio 30. It was my first demonstration in front of a large group - I was a little nervous but had a lot of fun. They were a great group, asked lots of questions and were fun to be painting in front of.

This painting was started on a black gessoed canvas. It's another scene of Tofino, this time from the north end of Cox Bay, looking towards some of the tree covered rocks at low tide. At high tide these rocks are almost completely surrounded by the ocean.

If you are interested in this painting, please contact me at info@lisariehl.com


4 comments:

suzanneberry said...

This is just beautiful and congratulations, I'm so glad your demonstration was such a great success!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Your painting style reminds me of a screen print--I love that! Very cool.

The audience does make a difference when you are making a presentation. I'm glad you had a good one. I'm sure they were suitable impressed with this lovely work.

jennifer woodburn said...

Beautiful, love how the composition brings you into the painting. Your colours are strong, yet so subtle. Nice work.

Mary Anne Cary said...

This is a beautiful one, I really love the choice of colors and how simply but beautifully you do the foreground and rocks! I just got back from up the coast,and it reminds me of some of your scenes, minus the Big mts. I am not at home, but next week I will send you a couple samples to compare. (I was visiting my son, he was going nuts because of hurricane remnants and wave height for surfing! It was beautiful.)