Saturday, September 25, 2010

First Peak

First Peak - 20x24", acrylic ...

Yesterday we had our first surf of the season! It was great to be back out on the water, after a summer of no surf at all. I'm a little stiff now - I'm not yet in great paddling shape but will be soon enough. Tomorrow should be pretty big, better than it was yesterday. But as it's a weekend it will be crazy busy. Might be worthwhile going either super early for first light (hey: first light at first peak!) or later in the day.

This painting is from last year. First Peak is one of the point breaks we often surf at and it's the one we were at yesterday. I often bring my little waterproof camera out with me, and sit just inside waiting for someone to catch a good wave. This is my boyfriend - I was just sitting on the shoulder of this wave as it went right by me, a perfect location to shoot this photo.

If you are interested in this painting, please send me an email at info@lisariehl.com

No comments: