Saturday, August 28, 2010

Evening Surf

Evening Surf - 10x10", acrylic ...

I can't wait for fall/winter to arrive! I am feeling a bit of withdrawal from surfing, as there is rarely any surf here in the summer. We live in Sooke, along the Strait of Juan de Fuca, and in order for waves to get in here there has to be some decent size storms in the Pacific with enough force to push them in here at the right angle. This doesn't happen much in the summer, but come fall ... (see map below so you get an idea of this.)

The last time I surfed was in early July in Tofino. This is on the open west coast of Vancouver Island so they have surf year-round, although it's usually much smaller in the summer. The painting above is a scene from there.

I'm looking forward to the winter surf season!

If you are interested in this painting, please send me an email at info@lisariehl.com


No comments: