Tuesday, December 7, 2010

View of Heaven

View of Heaven - 20x24", acrylic ... SOLD ...

Unlike most of my others, I textured this painting first with acrylic gel medium, following the lines of my drawing. Then I employed numerous glazes on top of this. It's a technique I learned from artist David Langevin in a workshop I took from him last fall. I haven't done a ton of this style of painting, mainly because they just don't have my "signature" look (since I tend to paint in an impressionistic style with opaque paint). But I'm sure I'll do more as I just love the look of them. This painting sold this past weekend at my art show.

The title is a play on words: "View of Heaven" could mean it's a heavenly looking view, but really it's looking at a distant ski run on Blackcomb mountain called "Seventh Heaven"...



3 comments:

N Valentine Studio said...

I really like this, the pinky purple flowers in the foreground are stunning!!!

Maria's Watercolor said...

This is beautiful, what a wonderful view.

Gwen Bell said...

You've created such incredible depth. Love the way the boulder anchors the center. The diagonal with those heavenly colors is so appealing. I can see why this beauty has already sold!